[LUG] Ubuntu add printer dilogue

        Hi all

        I am helping a friend remotely, to  add a printer to his new ubuntu
system.  He logs in as a "real user" then presses the Administration
printing and Add New printer gets asked for Authorization and gives any
of his two passwords (user or root) and gets a not authorised to run
this program message.

He tries to log in as root but is not allowed on the desktop. (you can
su - in a terminal ok though).

        I got him to find the command from the desktop to run the add printer
dialogue as root  but it won't run (exits straight away).

any ideas?

I thought this would just work but I feel he has done something to mess
up the user groups as there is no Dialogue to administer users either?
--
Kevin Lucas <kevin.lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Minions Shop Cornwall's Top Shop