Re: [LUG] quoted email content

On Mon, 7 May 2007 18:19:59 +0100
"Robin Menneer" <robinmenneer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > With school budgets being constrained the way they are, F/OSS would make
> > huge
> > savings - quite apart from the cost of licences for the copies of Windows
> > and
> > Office etc, they could run something like the LTSP (or Edubuntu) and use
> > older hardware happily. I can understand that schools may wish to run some
> > instances of Windows - for familiarity for pupils who use Windows at home
> > for
> > example as well - but if say half the machines were running Linux, that
> > would
> > cut the budget on IT quite considerably.
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > -I wish you luck with CCC.  My experience over 20 years is that cornering
> > an official who will subsequently get something done takes many years,  Yes,
> > I mean years.  It isn't that they say no, instead discussions are endlessly
> > talked around and/or postponed.  Mind you, if they want you to do something,
> > it's always very urgent, yesterday being too slow.   Robin

Robin, I don't know what you are doing with your email client but you
always seem to reply to a message WITHIN the quote marks: >

For those of us with (sensible) email clients, quoted content is
usually shown in a different colour to the new content so the result is
that your text gets missed because it shows up as quoted, i.e. old.

Please can you see about not preceding each line with one or more >
markers - they'll be put in by whoever replies to you but - as with
this email - the *new* content should be unmarked. Thanks.

--

Neil Williams