[LUG] Computers for Africa

Posted by "John Hansen" <john.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have sent Richard Brown the following which may be of interest to others:

Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it Tom that collects computers for Africa. I have an architect that
> is ditching a load of computers and monitors. He would love to send
> them to Africa.
>
> Do you want them please?

Hi Richard,
The people your architect should contact are:

Computers for Charity
Quinceborough Farm
Bude

Tel: Admin 01288 361177
     Tech.   01288 361188

Fax:           01288 361154

The chap in charge at the workshop is Matt but the boss is called Graham.

C for C test the computers and ensure the HD is cleared before they ship them out
to i.a. Africa. A family friend who looks after children in Uganda had a container
full sent out there after visiting C for C. He was delighted that I had introduced
him
and later reported that it had been very successful.
BTW I tend to buy my gear from them as they have a large stock of all manner of
PCs and equipment as well as being knowledgeable.
I would expect they would collect your friends PCs foc.

Let me know how you get on. I can always pop round to see Matt as they very close
to my home.

John (Bude)
--

Generated by the contributors page