Re: [LUG] Server

Jonathan Roberts wrote:

> After the post earlier on about the webpage being back up I was
> wondering what kind of setup the LUG has for hosting? Mailing list,
> webpage etc...

The website is on an old server that Neil and I share for various
things, which one of the members sold us. It runs a couple of User Mode
Linux instances, all Debian, the host is Sarge, and the client systems
are both Etch. All string and sellotape - well something like that.

The only interesting thing to say, is that the wiki is currently being
hit hard by search engines till I can be bothered to create the rule to
say don't search these pages.... (actually it is probably a need to edit
the Wiki PHP, and return the right header to say "don't spider me"). So
if you want to become a SEO, a simple PHP script that generates an
infinite number of web pages seems a good way to start ;)

The mailing list is Alex's concern, I've lost track of the details I
think it was a Sparc at one point, and running SuSE at another, the
details may be in the archive.