Re: [LUG] Update to Feisty?

On 4/25/07, Neil Winchurst <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have been reading the posts about updating from Edgy to Feisty in
kubuntu with interest. There still seem to be a lot of problems for
some people.

I have decided to go with the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'
outlook. I am grateful for all the info. Since I have Edgy working just
fine for me I will leave well alone.

This is probably a good idea, since Ubuntu appears to have become just like windows in the respect that it must be left alone for a good few months while the major bugs are fixed before anyone can actually trust it. The upgrade path is now also so bollocksed that the only supported method is via Ubuntu's own GUI, and it seems to continue not working if you have done anything so outlandish as to use a custom repository or, god forbid, an auto-script.

--
Ben Goodger
#391382