Re: [LUG] Little bit off topic - The ZX Spectrum is 25 today!

James Fidell wrote:
> Robin Cornelius wrote:
>

>> This thread has reminded me of the speccy +3, bbc micro(s) and acorn
>> electron I have in various storage. Including magazines, tapes, discs
>> etc, that i *have* to get rid of.
>>
>> Looking at ebay they are going for next to nothing/not selling so if
>> there is anyone on the list who wants a pile of vintage computing give
>> me a shout and I will tell you what I have got.
>>

> OTSOW I've been occasionally looking out for an Atom and an Apple IIe.
> The former seem pretty rare now.  The latter was probably the first
> computer I ever used.
>
> James

I also had an Atom and loved it's Basic interpreter. But I also had that
little card
Acorn produced before the Atom (it's so long ago I've forgotten what it
was called).
It came with a little hexidecimal keyboard mounted on the card. I used
to run the
thing on a homebuilt PSU with crocodile cables. No way of saving programmes
but I still spent many a happy hour entering code into it's 256 Bytes of
memory
and playing Duck Shoot.

Keith