Re: [LUG] Little bit off topic - The ZX Spectrum is 25 today!

Tom Brough wrote:
> As a BBC Micro owner of past years I am feeling a little out numbered
> after seeing the popularity of this thread ;-)
>
> Tom.

Well, I have an Electron.  Okay, not as powerful as a BBC Micro. I did
enjoy tinkering around with the BBC's at school though.  It was around
the time they introduced BBC Micros into my junior school that I started
to learn a few commands in Basic.  It was interesting to break into some
of the educational software and LIST the code.

Later on when I went onto Secondary School I was exposed to the awful RM
Nimbus 186 machines.  They had BBC Basic so a few friends and I decided
to type in some programs from one of those fortnightly magazines, Micro
I think it was.

In fact doing all this at school inspired me to get into computers in a
big way.  I'd say there are two big influences in my life from that era,
the IT technician at school (Teignmouth Community College) - Mr Francis
Leishman who I've not seen for about 7 years and lost touch with.  <long
shot> If anyone on the list knows of a Francis Leishman who used to live
in Ashcombe, nr Dawlish please e-mail me off list! :-) </long shot>

I do occasionally fire up the old emulators (I'm told off when I get the
computers out for too long).  In fact I have even set the Spectrum
emulator on my XBOX to load games at real tape speed (i.e. a couple of
minutes) along with all the familiar noises.

I wonder when we'll see a Debian port for the Z80 CPU?

Rob