Re: [LUG] OT: Satellite TV installers

Robin Cornelius wrote:
> Rob Beard wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> This is an off topic question I was hoping someone might be able to
>> help/recommend someone?
>>
>> My dad has fitted a satellite dish for me (Sky dish) but we can't seem
>> to get it to pick up the standard Free to Air channels on the satellite
>> that Sky Digital uses.  We have managed to pick up German and Italian
>> channels (great, but I can't understand a word they say).
>>

> Do you know how to get to the signal strength screen. If so what does
> the lock indicatator say. It will confirm which sat you have picked up.

Yes, it said No Lock.  There wasn't anything in the network ID either.

We got as far as getting about 75% signal strength and 75% signal
quality on some satellite, not sure which one it was.  I've given up on
it now, we're having an installer come around tomorrow to tweak the dish
and get it working.

Just having problems with Freeview at the moment.  I can't tune in all
the services on my DVB-T card that I can with my Freeview boxes. :-(
(see my other post about this).

I wish it was a straight forward as the old days of analogue.  Oh well,
at least once it's working I'm sure it'll be worth it having MythTV
record my favourite TV programmes.

Rob