Re: [LUG] Folding - Team stats ?

Terry Hill wrote:
> The xp client (5.03) is running on my compaq without issues - have you
> tried the minimal (text based) version to see if its the gui or the
> core engine thats crashing?

I disabled the screen saver option and now it's working without
crashing.  For some reason it crashed hard every time the screen saver
kicked in.  May be something to do with the power saving options on the
laptop.  For now at least it's working.

I'm getting approx 33secs/frame on the laptop and desktop:

desktop:  AMD 2400+ / 1Gb RAM
laptop: AMD Mobile Sempron 3500+ / 1Gb RAM

Is the speed locked (which wouldn't make a lot of sense), as I would
have thought the desktop running 400Mhz faster than the laptop would
chomp a little quicker, or is it just the faster core of the laptop
evening the playing field? [1]

Kind regards,

Julian

[1]  There again the desktop has more running in the background so that
probably slows it a lot as well.