Re: [LUG] bluetooth voice recorder

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:49:02 +0100
Steve Marvell <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm looking for a device that is a voice recorder which meets the
> following criteria:
>
> 1) it looks simple and acts simple
> 2) bluetooth (or wireless) enabled
> 3) bluetooth has read and write capability
> 4) the above operations do not require masses of button pressing if
> any
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Steve

If you want to truly eliminate all buttons and have some form of
scriptable start and end of the recording, you could do this with an
iPAQ or other handheld running GPE. In GPE you can also assign a
particular iPAQ button to specific tasks and iPAQ's are designed to
support voice memos. I haven't got the sound working on my old iPAQ but
that may be a hardware failure (I didn't get around to testing the
microphone before blitzing WinCE). Note that the scripting will have to
be sh or dash, not Perl (and not bash either).

Depends how much tweaking you want to do to get it working - once
tweaked, it would be trivial to operate. Not as small as a mobile phone
though.

--

Neil Williams