Re: [LUG] Last night's meeting

Mark Jose wrote:
> On Friday 13 April 2007 14:10, Darren Foster wrote:
>
>>> Will arrange another meeting for may (unless another venue is found in
>>> another part of devon).
>>>
>> Any Chance of finding a meeting place in Cornwall, Paignton is a bit of
>> a trek from Truro in Cornwall.
>>
>> This would be the only reason i wouldn't attend a meeting at the moment.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Darren
>>

> I think we were looking at St Agnes way somewhere a while ago. I am in
> Summercourt and I know there are other LUG members in the
> Truro/Perranporth/St Agnes area. The real issue is finding a venue -
> preferably with internet access in case we need it. I can easily locate a
> basic venue - e.g a pub or a village hall - but those tend to be very limited
> as to electrical socket points or internet.
>
> Mark

While internet access is nice,  there is none at the rugby club,
however we have held many sucessful meetings at the club.  if you want
help with a specific problem,   i guess giving as much info as possible
on the lug, is a good start, that way anyone attending knows to bring
extra cd's, burn software etc etc to bring with them.

If anything advice can be provided on how to best proceed to fix the
problem.

I think more importantly there should be good parking,  (nearby or venue
car park),  then a quiet area,  then sockets, and near the end for a
general meet at least internet access.  even though this is useful we
are a resourceful group.

If anything a meet is a opportunity to be social,  have a drink and chat.

Paul

--

Next meet - Thursday 12th April 2007, Paignton Rugby club, 19:00 - 22:30

http://www.openoffice.org
http://www.linux.org

CHAT SERVICES

http://www.serfer.co.uk - http://cgi.serfer.co.uk/ type #serfer then press login.
PRFC CHAT ROOM - http://www.zleap.net/cgi-bin/irc.cgi

Saturday 21st April 2007 - Devon Cup final - Paignton vs Torquay at Queens Park,
Paignton, 3pm kick off.