Re: [LUG] Linux-friendly web cams

On Friday 30 March 2007 14:59, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> >> Have you made one yet?  The guide indicates to me the film should be
> >> overexposed colour film - eg the places where the negative is black.
>
> There are proper filters for it - eg Wratten *#87* or *#89*  - opaque to
> visible light, passes IR.
>
> Might be overspecified to use one, espec if it is 50-60mm wide, but some
> of them are made as sheets and there used to be Cokin filters, probably
> still are.

A quick Google shows me that Kodak do a filter which can be cut down to suit
perhaps -

http://www.x-raycameras.com/kodak_wratten_87_range.htm

May be worth having a look at. Seems they are gelatin based - so, does that
mean they would be soft and thus perhaps end up with finger marks all over
them whilst attempting to fit them into a webcam I wonder..  Will have to get
hold of one and see I expect!
Thanks again for the info Adrian - a new angle to explore!

Mark