Re: [LUG] Weather

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 12:15:44 +0100
David Johnson <dj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Friday 30 March 2007 12:05, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> > Found kweather by chance and installed it (kubuntu Edgy). I get the
> > message that the requested station does not exist, although I have
> > tried several ones nearby (eg Exeter, Plymouth). Has anyone used it
> > please? Any comments and/or advice?
> >

> It's buggy in Edgy. There's a fix mentioned here:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdetoys/+bug/44625
>
> Regards,
> David.

Many thanks. I had a bit of trouble at first because I was resetting
the location to Exeter each time and that overwrote the config file
which I had just edited. Anyway I now have it working.

I had actually misunderstood what the applet was for. I thought it
would be a weather forecast. Actually it is just reporting current
temperature, windspeed etc.

So if anyone can recommend a weather *forecast* applet, widget
whatever then I would be grateful.

Thanks
Neil Winchurst