Re: [LUG] Linux Distribution

I like Sidux
http://sidux.com/

100% Debian unstable (Sid) so be ready for some excitement when Etch goes
mainstream but at the moment it's remarkably stable. Good team solving most
upgrade problems very quickly. I use the script supplied by Sidux and
consequently
my upgrades are trouble free. (I usually wait until 13:00 (UK) until I
do my daily
upgrade. This allows the guys with testing rigs to find the pitfalls and
supply
a fix(s).)

Pros:
Everything that Debian is.
Sidux script includes fixes for upgrade problems while they exist and
removes
them when no longer required. The script modifies itself when a fix is
required
or a package has to be held back.
The only proprietary code on offer is the option to download and install
your
appropriate graphics driver.
Excellent and helpful forum pages.
Always bleeding edge (but not experimental). I like it that way!

Cons:
Major upgrade problems (eg xorg etc) can cause problems if you're not
careful (the Sidux script usually puts a hold on such packages until a fix
arrives).
You have to be on the ball and visit the Sidux upgrade bug page daily.
No Multimedia stuff although the guys on Sidux IRC will show you how
if you really need it.

Keith