Re: [LUG] probably OT: Free as in beer...

Ben Goodger wrote:
> On 3/20/07, Michael Mortimore <nospamformike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> http://www.freebeer.org/blog/
>>
>> from the about page:
>> "FREE BEER
>> is a beer which is free in the sense of freedom, not in the sense of free
>> beer.
>

> Apparently it tastes like crap.
> But I think all beer tastes like crap, so I shan't be testing this.
> Same for opencola (except that I actually love cola, but don't have a vat)

There appear to be four different versions though.  Looking at the
recipe for v1 I'd not be entirely surprised if it didn't taste that
great given how large a proportion of the fermentable ingredients
are sugar, but then I'm quite partial to a beer you have to chew.

v3 however looks like a fairly standard lager recipe with a multi-stage
mash that's common for homebrew lagers.  I'd think you'd stand a
reasonable chance of ending up with something acceptably drinkable from
that recipe.  It'd probably be disappointing if it didn't turn out
better than an awful lot of draught lagers available in pubs.

James