Re: [LUG] Digitopia Torbay 2007 ?

Tom Brough wrote:
> "userspace" alternative for us non-coders
>
> I would like (with the help of the D&CGLUG) to launch a digital arts
> "festival" based in Torbay using FLOSS software.
>
> The aims of the project are :-
>
> 1. To expose people outside the usual circle (D&CGLUG) to FLOSS software.
> 2. To encourage growth in the creation of art forms through technology :
> art, music, sound, literture, (mathmatics ?)
> 3. To create a lasting document (in the form of a bootable CD / DVD) for
> free distribution containing both software and the content created on /
> for the day using that software.
> 4. To ensure that everybody has some fun !
>
> We have a good venue: The Old Monastery .
> We have a focus : "The Arts"
> We have the technology : GNU/Linux
>
> Activities I had in mind where :-
>
> Podcast productions - poems, plays using Audacity / Others
> Art - GIMP, Tux Paint, Blender (for the brave), Web page production ......
> Literature - Factual or Fiction - In OOWriter, gedit or vi, nano or
> anything else
>
> Can we get sponsorship ? (Palm FM / Gemni FM ?)
>
> Are you interested  in helping ?
>
> Please suggest other ideas, the forum is open ......
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom.

Sounds good I have added to the talks section of the wiki so if you can
help you can add comments / ideas directly to the wiki,

Count me in,  (well I will book the venue),  and help on the day,

What month were you looking at,  May /. June? Later ?

Paul

--

http://www.openoffice.org
http://www.linux.org