[LUG] Post Meeting Review Re: meeting

I'd like to thank Paul for organising another meeting.

The venue; the Old Monastery - Berry Road, Paignton, looks suitable for
future meetings in Paignton for larger event. The venue has good car
parking, and wireless access. Although it does take a little finding,
being between Berry Road and Monastery Road. Also it has a playground
outside for occupying smaller folk.

The room hire cost (35GBP) was met out of GLUG funds, so we now hold
97GBP, and owe Paul 5GBP of that.

Henry has already commented on signing documents, he was also wondering
about other aspects of signing documents, and documentation for GNUPG2
support of S/MIME. Neil W was in Wales I fear, who is our usual guru on
things GPG.

Sam was also wondering about keeping systems responsive when handling
big jobs. So anyone with experience of different queue schedulers, or
ways of managing CPU, disk IO and memory on large batch jobs. A whole
topic of it's own I'm sure, but not something I've had to deal with for
a few years.

After the meeting we discussed various ideas for another meeting. We
hope to do a "One Laptop Per Child" meeting, possibly in Exeter, so
anyone with any expertise -- otherwise we'll have to go learn about it
before we can show it to others.

Or possibly an "Art", "Drawing", based event, where people gets some
hands on experience with various bits of software, and something to take
away.

Other ideas welcome.