Re: [LUG] pocket power

Clare Shepherd <clareshepherd37@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I?m going to the Paignton meeting too. I?d love to see Viv?s Flybook and discuss how to install Ubuntu. Do you have the off board DVD unit. I?m really interested in using a Flybook, it?s such a neat size. And I ?ve been lusting after it for a while, but don?t want to run Windoze.
Clare

Hi Clare,

No, I don't have the DVD. It was bought by my Boss (my IT Director) to evaluate but, he has didn't think the battery life was good enough. It was left in the drawer at work for a while and then he let me have it.

Installing Linux was very difficult without a cd or dvd drive. I tried lots of things but, nothing worked. One of the other members, Tom Brough, was going to help me. However, someone on a different forum suggested installing the drive on a different machine. I didn't think it would work but, to my surprise, it did.

Kubuntu takes ages to boot on it but, runs fine once it is up (much better than Windoze did). Anyway, you are welcome to have a play with it and see what you think.

I look forward to meeting you on Saturday.

Viv