Re: [LUG] Unable to Open Cd Drive

Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> The above says it all. It doesn't seem to be mounted and it was
> working a couple of days ago! Is it possible to tell it to open from
> the console please?
>
> Thanks.

is there a user or processing using the cd drive,  that is one cause of
this error.

I think the command to use to determine this is.

fuser

However to answer your  question
eject cdrom0

(that works for me, ejects dvd drive

eject cdrom1, ejects cd writer

I think it will tell you if there is a problem.

secondary master, / slave respectively on my system

Hope this helps

Paul

--

DCLUG Meeting date SATURDAY 17th March 2007
10am - 4pm -

http://www.myspace.com/theoldmonastery

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.openoffice.org