[LUG] OS VOIP solutions for the Enterprise

Hello List,

At the moment, for my company, I am considering introducing a Jabber
solution (Wildfire + Spark) with Asterisk.  The purpose is a secure
chat+file transfer setup with VOIP capabilities for the execs that
doesn't included <gasp> skype.

Has anyone done this or something similar enough to where you would
seriously say 'try this instead'.  At the moment, what I'm finding
difficult is getting Wildfire to play nicely with cheapy test voip
setups (ie sipgate.co.uk).  So, over the next week I will take some
time and plug Asterisk in a la vmware.  If anybody has done this for a
test, did you have any problems lumping it all on the same system?

btw - I asked a few months back about getting skype to work with
myth-tv a la the rs232 jack.  Since then, I've come across
plutohome.com:  It is a nice bit of home-automation GPL kit!  Mind:
you still need to refer to pfl for full functionality with the
completely free version.

Regards,

Kevin