Re: [LUG] compiz

> > root@duron1600:/home/psutton# grep EE /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> > Current Operating System: Linux duron1600 2.6.15.6-kanotix-1 #1 PREEMPT
> > Fri Mar 10 15:32:51 CET 2006 i686
> >         (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
> > (II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
> > (EE) Failed to load module "GLCcore" (module does not exist, 0)

Is that a typo? ^^ GLCcore?

Besides that I would start by just getting the NVIDIA drivers working
- test with GLXgears or something like that (and look out for the logo
when you log in). Also I'd probably recommend Beryl instead of compiz.
I'm not sure about on Debian but if you're installing from scratch it
might be a bit easier to manage as you can install beryl-manager and
all the great tools that go with it for configuring and getting it set
up properly. Plus they're are a lot more cool effects in the current
beryl release, in my opinion any way...check out the window
miniization animations, I love glide!

Good luck,

Jon