Re: [LUG] VI alternative

On 2/14/07, Terry Hill <telbonic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, i'm going to utter a few words that will possibly get me thrown in
> the stocks for a few weeks and invited to wear whatever children throw
> at me:
>
> I *detest* VI.  And the other one.
>
> Is there a good bash invoked alternative that works like notepad, with
> a few keyboard shortcuts for saving or quitting, that will let me use
> cursor keys to get around and edit text files?

What about an ncurses based program. I'm too lazy to learn multiple
key strokes so i tend to use mc (midnight commander) and the editor
built in to that.

This is the wonderful thing about free software and huge apt
repositories, there is something for everyone there and there is so
much choice especially in things such as editors!

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk