Re: [LUG] OK so whats wrong with it?

On 2/8/07, Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 08 February 2007 11:44, Julian Hall wrote:

> This idea is just pandering to people who don't have the intelligence to
> remember usernames and passwords.  Maybe I'm being too harsh, but I
> think that's tough - learn to remember them!
Not practical - most places wouldn't need an IT dept if people could remember
one password! Theres got to be a human element in somewhere along the line.
Tom te tom te tom

I've found that the higher people are in an organisation, the less proportion of their attention is given to routine matters.   It's not the intelligence, it's the subconsciously perceived importance and you ain't going to be able to do anything about it except use voice pattern recognition in place of passwords.  When bosses can communicate with machines by secure voice, and not use keyboards of mouse, large organisations will be managed by one man by *management by exception*.   Robin