Re: [LUG] Java, VIM, tabs, spaces and indents

Benjamin A'Lee wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 08:27:19PM +0000, Simon Williams wrote:
>> I'm now doing java in my computer science course. Much to my irratation,
>> I have discovered that java is poorly designed language which makes all
>> code indented by an extra level because of the class definitions.
>
> Why not just not bother indenting after the class definition?

That's probably what I'll do if I ever use java for anything else.
Unfortunately the style rules for this are no hard tabs, indents must be
consistent and 4 spaces or less.

For the purposes of arguing my case:
Am I right in thinking that the class definition will usually (or even
always) span the whole file, even in very large programs?

Thanks
Simon