Re: [LUG] Help please Timed shutdown

On 01/02/07, T Brownen <trevatxtal@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Many thanks Jamie
What a small script for a big job.
I have not tried it yet, as I have one question
Please correct me if I am wrong
As I read it, it would allow the user to log back on but for only five
minutes during period 2300hours to 0700 hours.
If I set the 5 to 1 will crontab catch it before logon

No, but it will catch it between 0.000001s and 60s after logon, depending on your system's startup time. The child shouldn't have time to do anything useful before the system shuts him off.

I believe that Ubuntu has a tool for limiting user accounts' login times. This may be a part of the user management system (i.e. built-in) or in one of the Edubuntu tools. I suggest Google.

--
Ben Goodger
#391382