Re: [LUG] guidance please; also BBC TV news Jan 30

Quite the opposite, I have Linux on my laptop,  and have shown primary
age school children the system,  they are far more open minded,  it's
just the adults who are scared, esp if you even mention the word chat
room,   thanks to all the negative publicity.   I remember putting up
posters for linux at one school, and they had to be taken down, reason
was aparently because this inspector guy (not from ofsted) said no one
knows what it is,

We are up against people who are simply scared of something new and
exciting,  and children suffer as a result.

Ok you have to use Language that children can understand,  such as this
is not windows,  even though it may look similar with icons etc,  with
this system, I can give everyone in the room a copy and they can copy to
their friends,  without out getting into trouble with the police,
windows on the other hand is protected by microsoft who make you pay for
each copy used.

or something to that effect,  kids are not stupid,  and will understand
most things if explained in the right way.

Paul