[LUG] Webserver woes

I'm having a spot of trouble setting up my first webserver.
In our house we have 2 windows pcs,1 windows laptop and a Ububtu 6.10desktop
pc.
All linked to a belkin broadband modem/router.
I have installed Apache2 on the Ubuntu pc.
I have created a simple test page index.html and placed it in /var/www./
I have created a directory in my home folder public_html and in there I have
placed another simple test page index.html.
If I type in http://localhost/ I can see my first test page.
If I type in http://localhost/~mike/ I can see my second page.
ifconfig tells me my local ip address is 192.168.0.4 if I type this into any
other machine on the network I get my first test page.
If I type in 192.168.0.4/~mike I get my second test page.
I then went to IPaddressworld and got my IP address 84.13.11.228
I then went to canyouseeme.org to check if port 80 was open,it was not but
port 8080 was.
I then setup my router to forward port 8080 to 192.168.0.4
and added Listen 8080 to both apache2.conf and ports.conf (I've tried adding
it to both and each seperatly)
The problem is I just can't see my page from outside my network,although of
course I am using one of the other pc's to try it.
I think either the router is not actualy forwarding the port or my ISP
(Talktalk) is blocking it.
The only way I can bypass my router is to install a sagem fast800 USB modem
in the Ubuntu pc but that is not an easy job.
Other than that I could install Apache on a windows box but that is a lot
harder to setup than linux.
Is there an easy way of checking the port forwarding of the router either in
windows or linux.
I just don't know what to try next.
Mike Tidball