Re: [LUG] Cornwally Polytechnic Society Science Cafe

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 08:29 +0000, Aaron Trevena wrote:

> The Polytechnic society
Google gave me this.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cornwall/content/articles/2005/06/29/coast05walks_stage4_feature.shtml
which took me to
http://www.falmoutharts.org/
where the programme for the forum: cafe scientifique is set out.
>  is running talks and discussions every month,
> at a 'science cafe' - sounds interesting - it might be worth seeing if
> a couple of us can do a talk on open source software,
Sounds good but May seems the earliest as the meetings are monthly so
far.
>  unfortunately
> they don't seem to have a website or even an email address *sigh*.
part of falmoutharts.org now.
(Is the use of a jpeg image for a web page usual? I suppose it saves all
the coding.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Cornwall_Polytechnic_Society
writes
"the Society merged with Falmouth Arts. The Society, following this
merger, decided to adopt the trading name of Falmouth Arts Centre and
this has now become the name of the Polytechnic Hall. Today the building
regularly shows the work of art students as well as the screening of
films in its cinema.

At its AGM on 3 October 2006, the Society decided to both value the past
but to live in the future. It adopted the Board's plan to shift he
"brand" from "Famouth (sic) Arts Centre" to "The Poly" members agreed to
divide the organisation's operations into two wit--
> http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk
> LAMP System Integration, Development and Hosting
> h a charitable body and a trading wing, both providing high quality services. The
> meeting accepted the new Memorandum of Association, approved by the Charity
> Commission.

The ""Poly" is the most southerly venue in the UK of the Cafe
Scientifique movement."

james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk