Re: [LUG] Hushmail

On 2007-01-27T10:54+0000 Simon Avery wrote:
> > AFAIK google mail only do POP...
> > Shame really.

All I want is a way to get my mail off Gmail for my own personal
backups. If POP allows me to retrieve all my archives including sent
mail, i'll be very happy.

> To answer first message - fetchmail using pop3 from gmail to a local
> folder, and run an imapd (I like Dovecot) there?

Eh? I do know with Gmail you can forward emails. I forward all my mail
to another address hosted at DreamHost which I use mutt (IMAP) with.

> Don't know if gmail would allow you to "Delete mail from server" given
> that's not their policy.

There is no need to delete emails. In fact I am afraid of POP as it has
in the past stupidly deleted emails (unlike IMAP with offlineimap).