Re: [LUG] OT - JAVA login

On Thursday 25 January 2007 12:54, Kai Hendry wrote:

> Btw, what are the best UK Internet Banking Web applications?

I use Smile (www.smile.co.uk) and they're pretty good. When I first moved to
them they disallowed non-IE/Netscape browsers so I complained and not only
did they say "yes, you're right we should support other platforms" they
actually fixed it!

No CSV download or fancy features, but all the usual banking features they
provide work perfectly. For anything the system doesn't support (e.g.
international transfers) you can just send them a message through the system
and they'll do it for you - this is perhaps the most useful feature as it
means that there's *nothing* you can't do online.

Natwest online banking also works under Linux/Firefox, but has a few random
breakages which can be difficult to get around (mostly Javascript-related).

Perhaps it would be useful to have a page on the wiki listing banks and the
Linux-compatibility of their online banking applications.

Regards,
David.

--
David Johnson