[LUG] help - brain death

A lightning strike took out my normal ADSL modem and I've been forced to use
an old USB modem on a W2K box and share that - never got it working on Linux.
Within a couple of mins the old lights start flashing continuously
I need to see whats doing that but I cant for the life of me remember the name
of the software one uses to look at all the packets - can anyone remember for
me
Tom te tom te duh