Re: [LUG] guidance please

Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> Hi, I use mplayer for this. You'll also need w32codecs I think(?)
> which on Kubuntu you can get by:

whatever repositories you have set up search for and install most of the
non ...dev.. packages you find using avi, codec, mpg and mpeg as search
terms. You'll need the non free repositories enabled, sorry I don't use
kubuntu any more and can't give you the exact names. w32codecs, or maybe
its called win32codecs should be in the repositories.

It's also worth installing mplayer, again from a repository, as it seems
to handle codecs kaffeine doesn't sometimes. Also if non of these do the
trick you could try installing VLC, videolan, as the codecs it uses come
packaged with it and you don't need anything else - though it isn't a
particularly nice player.

Although I have a vague recolection that rtsp might be a Real Player
format, if its not at least you can use it for listening to stuff you
missed on Radio 4 from the BBC site.

Simon