[LUG] File Server

Hi Guys

Couple of questions for all you guys out there.

Firstly, servers. The customer is currently disappointed with Dell and
so wants to look elsewhere. He is looking to spend around £2500 which
includes a rack on a rack mounted server. I obviously want to get the
best spec for him and the best equipment. What would you recommend
please?

Secondly, distros. What would be the best to get please? I am looking
for something that I can administer and learn as I go along. He wants
raid - which one would be best please? I have been recommended CentOS.
I would like to be able to manage the whole through a gui at first.

The server will support 5 clients but increasing to 10. It needs to be
configured to serve files and possibly web.

Many thanks.
--
Rich
http://www.cregy.co.uk