Re: [LUG] re networking for dummies

viv wrote:
> Hi, I have just reinstalled one of my machines with Kubuntu 6.10 and am
> very happy with it except the networking is not working. I just want to
> set up a few shares but, cannot even see local shares currently or the
> local workgroup. I have turned off the firewall so, I don' think it is
> that causing the problem. Can anyone recommend a set of very easy
> instructions that will get me out of trouble ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Viv

a neat and easy to use gui for setting up samba shares, once samba is up
  and configured is smb4k. It should be listed in your repository as a
possible download.

It creates a directory in your home directories called smb4k and all
shares are mounted under it.

Simon

--
simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx