Re: [LUG] Novice with bother in Ubuntu 6.10

I can't say what the file and directories are named on
your computer obviously, but the full stop at the end
of the directory is very unusual i.e.

iscan-2.4.0/configure

Not

iscan-2.4.0./configure

Also, it's more usual to cd to the directory and use
"./configure". Then if you haven't set up sudo you'll
need to "su" before typing "make install" and possibly
before typing "make" - best just to su first.

So all together:

su
cd home/chris/Desktop/iscan-2.4.0
./configure