Re: [LUG] Neil Stone

Simon Robert wrote:

> Or am I missing the point completely............

I think so ;)

Don't try and run outbound SMTP servers from dynamic address space,
either use the Eclipse relays, or get a static IP address from Eclipse.

Last I checked with Eclipse the cost of a static IP address was a few
minutes requesting it in their user interface.

The address was in use by a server claiming to be an Exchange (sic)
server belonging to langagefarm.com. Anyone after consulting work with
the evil empire email server that pays good ice cream can probably track
them down easily enough ;) Dated November 2006. So I'm guessing Simon
would know if that was anything to do with him.

Looks like to get it delisted you need to accept email for the reverse
DNS domain, or other complicated messing around, probably better to
request that static IP address from Eclipse and forget you ever used
dynamic IP addresses.