Re: [LUG] mail vanished

Did you use pop3 or imap ?

-----Original Message-----
    From: "Paul Sutton"<zleap@xxxxxxxxx>
    Sent: 23/12/06 21:41:36
    To: "list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"<list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: [LUG] mail vanished

    Hi

    I am running my desktop and laptop,   desktop is icedove laptop is
    thunderbird,.  both running kanotix

    I just logged into the laptop so I could mail myself the new dclug
    poster files,  thunderbird downloads lots of mail,  I then attach adn
    send the mail to myself and download onto desktop computer.

    Now the desktop shows that my  inbox is fully empty and does not show
    any mails at all, I have not deleted them,   I don't understand what has
    happened.

    I know that this is not the best way to move files around,  I can't get
    scp to work across the  local network,  something is not set up
    properly,  e-mail is fine for this, its only two files.   I just
    wondered what icedove has done with my e-mails.

    paul

    --
    http://www.zleap.net
    http://www.openoffice.org