Re: [LUG] Switching from MS to oOo

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 10:32, Tony Sumner wrote:
> On Dec 12, 2006, Henry Bremridge was like:
> > -   Relate the cost savings to company profitability
>
> OOo have just put out a newsletter with stuff about OOo 2.1, eg
>
>     The database application, Base, has a number of enhancements,
>     including improved support for Microsoft's Access product.
>
> I look forward to finding out more. It may turn out that MySQL is
> still the better route though. .
>
> Tony Sumner
Last time I played with Base ( a year ago?)  it wouldn't even get through the
tutorial.
Please can someone confirm its almost usable yet?
I do believe it can that Base, like Access can use ODBC and so communicate
with almost any database. So if it does work as a quickie frontend it may be
of use in a small office..though I would advise anyone who wants to write
anything at a 'production' level to consider a different route.
Tom te tom te tom