Re: [LUG] Debian Etch Kernel upgrade problem

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 12:18:01PM +0000, David Johnson wrote:

> Apt wants to write to /lib which is on your root partition, but you've only
> got 20MB free - you'll need more than that.
>
> You need to free some space up or maybe reduce the size of one of your
> existing partitions and expand your root partition?

Thank you. Had 4 earlier kernels, which were taking up the space.
Aptitude however was trying to load the new kernel before deleting the
old ones, once I deleted the pending transactions then I could delete
the old kernels and the new one upgraded nicely

Many thanks

--
Henry
Tue Dec 12 17:58:57 GMT 2006