Re: [LUG] Debian Etch finally frozen

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 12:24:08 +0000
Tony Sumner <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Dec 11, 2006, Neil Williams was like:
>
> > Etch takes one step closer today. The package set of Etch is now
> > frozen. (Packages that have a release critical bug open for more than a
> > week can be removed from testing during the freeze.)
>
> I was looking at bittorrent last week. It is listed in the testing
> repo but 'apt-get install bittorrent' just got me an empty directory
> /usr/share/bittorrent.

/usr/share/bittorrent is not part of the bittorrent package. Use dpkg
-L to show you which files are actually part of the package.

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?searchmode=filelist&word=bittorrent&version=testing&arch=all

bittorrent puts files
into /usr/bin, /etc/default, /etc/init.d/, /usr/lib, /usr/share/doc/bittorrent/,
/usr/share/man/man1/, /usr/share/python-support/bittorrent,
but not /usr/share/bittorrent itself.

> Is that a bug?

Probably not - check the listing for the actual package and compare
with the installed files.

--

Neil Williams