Re: [LUG] Novell "Forking" OpenOffice.org

Matt Lee wrote:

>On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 01:54:01PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
>

>>So please, everyone, reconsider the use of terms like "open source"
>>because Novell and Microsoft are intent on proving that open source
>>does not mean free.
>>

>I never thought I'd actually have something to thank Microsoft for.

Matt I would agree with you whole heartedly except for that niggling
feeling that some would rather step backwards and rejoin he Microsoft
proprietary software camp than accept the small amount of pain it would
take to move to a completely free platform. This is why I think
Microsoft are not really interested in open source at all, however I
think regaining market share is very high on their agenda. If only their
investors could be persuaded to move to supporting the free software
movement........ dream on :-).

Tom.

Tom.