Re: [LUG] PDA

the Archos PMA 400, or 420 (430 seems to be current) or something around
there, is a linux based PDA. Plays movies, has PIM, qtopia desktop which
will interact with Outlook, has wifi for net access and can act like an
external hard drive - 30 GB. The price varies enormously depending on
the retaIer. The RRP seems to be around £400, but if you go to amazon UK
and use one of the external retailers the price seems to be about £220
(this was a year ago). This place
http://www.ciao.co.uk/Archos_PMA_430__6342569 has it for £230. It's a
neat piece of kit. There's not a lot of info about this thing, but Kevin
Boone - who seems to be a nice guy - has written stuff about it on his
home pages which is very useful www.kevinboone.com/pma430.html. Does
almost everything and software for some other linux based PDA's, the
zarius, works on it. My only complaint is that my one seems to be very
sensitive to bumps and reboots itself everytime I take it in the car,
could be my driving though. Google Archos PMA or Archos 430.

Simon

Not GPS though, but maybe there's software?

--
simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk