Re: [LUG] by the pricking of my thumbs

james kilty wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 09:12 +0000, Tom Potts wrote:
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35830
>>

> Has the code overlap (or whatever) been made public i.e. the specific
> innovation or indeed "possible patent violations"? Are his statements
> accurate or hype?

I think most people think it's a load of rubbish! He hasn't made the
claimed code overlap public although there has been requests from
various people in the FLOSS communnity for microsoft to publish these
claims: I have seen suggestions that this is more FUD (is that the right
term) from microsoft with the release of Vista imminent to put doubt in
to people's minds about switching to Linux at this time.

Does this make anyone think of the trial in America in the 50's. The
'Red Scare' etc(oh man how quickly I've forgotten History!) where that
guy held a briefcase that claimed to hold the names of something like
200/300 people working in the state department who were communists? He
never opened the briefcase though! And lost the trial.

Jon