Re: [LUG] by the pricking of my thumbs

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 08:26:03 +0000
paul sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> All the more reason to educate people about software patents, I wil
> bring this up tonight,  at the fedora presentation with the vanlug
>
> paul

Great. Feel free to use any of the resources on DCGLUG - there is a
*lot* of information on this issue and it can get quite complex at
times. The legalese really holds things back and makes a lot of
interested people shy away.

If you get specific questions raised that you don't think you can
answer, post them to the Software Patents area of the DCGLUG Wiki
and/or email the list. Between Robin, Aaron, myself and others, we
should be able to come up with answers to most general queries.
Specific queries on specific patents will take longer.

Try printing out a few copies of RMS' Anatomy of a Trivial Patent
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/trivial-patent.html
and then point them to:
http://swpat.ffii.org/analysis/trivial/index.en.html
for a full analysis of the problems.

Anyone with particular interest would be well advised to support the FFII:
http://www.ffii.org/

http://www.ffii.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions_about_software_patents

--

Neil Williams