Re: [LUG] ict register

On Saturday 18 November 2006 12:27, Greg Dash wrote:
> I know at my old school, and current college we used moodle, other
> than that it was all Windows and Windows Server 2003. So much of the
> tax payers money must go straight into MS's pockets its ridiculous.
I heard that some councils only pay £6 per desktop for winxp - its obvious
they bring the prices right down if there is an alternative.
Its hard to get this information as there are confidentiality clauses in these
contracts. Should be illegal for taxpayers money but then where would the
incentive for a bit of corruption come from if we had open government!
Tom te tom te tom