[LUG] Cardbus issues in Xandros 3.0.2

Hi All,

After the earlier 'Spot The Cockup' contest where I accidentally said
Windows instead of Linux (it was the second attempt at sending the mail
and I was getting aggravated), here goes:

I had to reinstall Xandros after the laptop was returned from a repair
and I'm having a nightmare getting the wireless back.  This model
doesn't have inbuilt so I'm using the PCMCIA (Cardbus) slot.  Here's
what I have so far:

Fix mouse (since it won't work natively and the BIOS doesn't have an
option to disable Legacy USB)

Boot laptop in Expert Mode
enter root password at prompt
cd /etc/init.d
vi kdm

add the line -

rmmod psmouse && modprobe psmouse

towards the beginning.

Exit from vi ( :w then :q)
'Exit' to continue boot process

The mouse will be started before every graphical session.  This works fine.

Fix cardbus

As root:

cd /etc/pcmcia
vi config.opts
add the lines include port 0x3000-0x7fff, memory 0xe8100000-0xe97fffff
:w and :q to exit
cd /etc/init.d
vi cardbus [to make a new file]
enter the lines -

setpci -s 0:a.0 SUBORDINATE_BUS=0A
cardctl eject
cardctl insert
        - into the new file

save and exit with :w and :q

chmod the new file with

chmod 755 cardbus

make a symlink to the new file with:
cd /etc/rc5.d
ln -s /etc/init.d/cardbus /etc/rc5.d/S20pcmcia-cardbus

Rebooted.  Now according to what I know, the cardbus card should now
show up in lspci, but it doesn't.  I've also tried making a symlink in
/etc/rc3.d as there is something nagging my head about Debian based
distros using3 instead of 5, but I could be wrong on that... very easily
:)  Wireless does come up if I run the script manually, ie;

cd /etc/init.d
./cardbus

So I know the script itself is correct.

Have I missed a step somewhere?