Re: [LUG] OT blueyonder.com vs blueyonder.co.uk

Can't say I sympathise much.

When Telewest couldn't get blueyonder.com they got
blueyonder.co.uk instead - which is a perfectly
reasonable thing to do.

They warned this guy that they would have to use the
blueyonder.co.uk domain and that there was likely to
be substantial amounts of mis-addressed mail as a
result (goobers being goobers - no fault of Telewest).

I don't see that Telewest have done anything wrong.

The trademark issue is a bit irrelevant anyway since
they seem to be in completely different areas of
business.

So now he's getting mis-addressed mail, well boo hoo!
What does he think - just because he's got
blueyonder.com nobody else is allowed to use .co.uk or
.org or .net or . . . well, where do you stop.

I think he's a bit of a git to be honest.