[LUG] Open Office database

I  worked for many years with databases in Windows, using Access,
Paradox and others. This is one thing I have been waiting for in Linux.
Now that I have Kubuntu Edgy installed I have had a look at the
database in Open Office 2.0 which is included. Has anyone else tried
this?

I was able to create a table without any problem and then I tried to
create a form. I used the wizard for quickness since I was only trying
it out. All went well until I clicked Finish at the end. Nothing.
Nothing happened, it just sat there, so I had to cancel it.

It seems to me that Base is still not ready for use, or am I missing
something. Does anyone in the group have any experience with this?

And while I am on the subject of databases, has anyone used Glom? It
looks quite interesting, only it seems to need Postgresql and not Mysql.

Regards

Neil Winchurst