Re: [LUG] Kubuntu - where are all the files?

On Friday 03 November 2006 10:03, David Johnson wrote:
> On Friday 03 November 2006 08:43, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> > New to kubuntu, I am a bit puzzled. Where are all the files? I mean the
> > root files.  In my file manager I see my own files. However, when I
> > moved up to the root folder / there was only /home and /media there.
> > What about such folders as /etc, /bin, /lib/, /opt? Where on earth have
> > they all gone to?
>
> They're all there, but for some reason they're hidden in Konqueror. This
> came in with Edgy and I've not figured out how to fix it yet (there must be
> an option to disable stupid-mode somewhere)...
>
> Regards,
> David.
>
> --
> David Johnson
> www.david-web.co.uk - My Personal Website
> www.penguincomputing.co.uk - Need a Web Developer?

David - did you see my reply about that earlier - there is a mention of how to
fix this in the Kubuntu wiki - basically, its a case of emptying the contents
of the .hidden file in the / directory. Don't delete the actual .hidden
file - although it will work, it gets recreated next upgrade. Emptying the
contents avoids the recreating issue.

Mark