Re: [LUG] New Member

George Reynolds wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently joined your group and I thought I would say hi...

Hi George (I'm fairly new here too...)

> Anyway, if you guys can help me with a couple of things, it would be
> appreciated. I currently have no constant internet access (should be
> okay in about 4 weeks). I am trying to compile some wireless
> utilities, but got compile errors. I have googled but nothing helpful
> came up. I have attached the output. This being a windows computer
> they dont display very well in notepad, so I hope it hasnt mangled
> them permanently. I am trying to install airtraf from the current
> build, alinux build of dwepcrack and wifiscanner also.

The log files work OK in WordPad (Notepad doesn't recognise Unix LF).

The first two look like the compiler is being fussier than the authors
are used to - possibly because you have GCC4 installed?  The complaints
about signed/unsigned are fairly minor an expected with old code with
'-Wall' turned on, but it seems to be actually erroring on a label in a
compound statement - probably something like

while (x)
{

foo:
}

I'm surprised GCC would consider this an error rather than a warning,
but still...  You might need to downgrade your compiler to 3.3 or even
2.95 if the code is that old.  Better check the docs for these libraries
to see what compiler version they recommend, then do 'gcc -v' to find
out what yours is.  Failing that, if it is a structure like the above,
try putting a semicolon after the colon of the label!

The linkage problems on libpcap could be the same kind of problem, but
this looks almost as if you are using one or more binary library/objects
which were compiled by a different compiler versions.  But libpcap is a
standard library which you should get if you installed 'tcpdump' (sorry,
don't know SUSE enough to know how!).

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Paul